Our Commitment to Privacy
Good Street, Inc. d/b/a Good Today (“Good Today”; “We”; or “Us”) is committed to respecting
Policy”) to ensure that personal information is protected.
The Information We Collect
Good Today wants to allow users the ability to access and browse the Services, and The Site is
intended to provide this great experience without requiring you to submit any more PI than is
necessary to use the Site effectively. We will never share your PI with third parties unless we first
obtain your consent. We also will give you the opportunity of opting out of other uses that we
make of any of the information you provide to us, and we will retain your PI only for the time
necessary to achieve the disclosed purposes.
We do not require you to register or submit PI in order to visit the Site, however some activities on the Site cannot be accessed without providing PI. When we ask for PI, we will not require the disclosure of any more PI than we believe is reasonably necessary to participate in the activity. You may choose not to provide us with certain PI, but then you may not be able to take advantage of all of the Services offered on the Site.
We may collect the following categories of information from you:
Personally-Identifiable Information Collected from Individuals:
- Personally-Identifiable Information: Any information collected from you by us that can used to identify you, including, your name, physical address, e-mail, phone number, fax number, and credit card information. PI also includes your browsing history if that has been linked to other personally identifiable information
- Anonymous Information: We collect browsing history and other non-identifiable information through the use of technology, as described further below, which is not linked to any information which would personally identify you. This information is anonymous, non-PI data.
- Public Information: All information that you share about yourself in an open format (e.g., on a social network, on a third party social network application on our website, in usergenerated content elements of our websites, etc.), will be considered public information. This includes information which might otherwise be considered PI if we had collected it from you.
Passive Gathering of Information Electronically
Cookies: During the course of any visit to the Site, the pages you see, along with “cookies,” are downloaded to your computer. A cookie is a computer file that acts as an identification card for your computer. These cookies do not contain or collect any PI, but they do enable us to provide features such as personalization. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you usually can change your browser to limit or prevent cookies. Cookies in themselves do not personally identify the individual user, but rather the computer that is being used to access the Site. You may have the opportunity to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time. Different browsers may address cookies differently. If you set your browser to not accept cookies, it may result in certain personalized services not being provided to you when you use that computer.
Web Beacons: A web beacon is a transparent image file. Web beacons enable us to track Site usage information, such as the number of times a given web page has been viewed. Web beacons are invisible to you and (unlike cookies) are not placed on your computer. They may be used in association with cookies to understand how visitors interact with the pages and content on the pages of the Site. Web beacons also may be used to track whether you have opened an HTML email. When the email is opened, a part of the code that makes up the HTML page calls a web server to load the web beacon which then generates a record showing that the email has been viewed. Web Beacons may also recognize when the email was opened, how many times it was forwarded and which URL’s (links within the email) were clicked. Good Today does not use web beacons to collect or otherwise record any type of PI provided by or about any user.
E-mail Communications: When you send an e-mail to Good Today, we may retain your e-mail address and the contents of the e-mail you send.
How We Use Information
When you provide us with your PI, we may use such information for a number of purposes, including:
- To facilitate communication between Good Today and you, including, without limitation, responding to your questions or comments, sending e-mails concerning products and services, or to contact you for feedback regarding us, advertisers or business partners;
- To administer your account, provide products or services to you and for marketing and promotional activities;
- To provide a report to our advertisers or business partners that tells them who responded to a particular offer;
- To provide you with important functionality changes to the Site, new Services and special offers from Good Today and reputable third parties that we think you will find valuable;
- To customize, analyze, adjust and improve the Site to meet our, your, or business partners’ needs and expectations;
- To enforce our agreements with you, prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities, for other legally-permissible purposes and generally to ensure that we comply with applicable laws;
- To utilize Public Information from third parties to provide our users as interactive media experience that brings aspects of your social networking community to the Site.
Accessing or Changing Your PI Good Today allows you to change or correct inaccuracies in your PI by logging into your account and making changes to your PI.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties Good Today will not give, share, sell or trade your PI to or with any third parties, except under the following circumstances:
- Fulfillment of Services: We may partner with other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Such third parties may be provided with access to PI needed to perform their functions, but may not use such information for any other purpose.
- Sale or Transfer of Information: In the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, dissolution or sale or transfer of substantially all of the assets of Good Today or the Site, PI and/or other information collected about you from the Site may be sold, assigned or transferred to the party acquiring all or substantially all of the equity and/or assets of Good Today or the Site in order to permit the party to continue the operation of Good Today and/or the Site or any successor version of the Site. By using the Site and providing PI to us, you consent to the sale and transfer of your information as described in this paragraph.
- Social Commerce and Other Third-Party Links The Site may contain links to third-party websites. Please be aware that we cannot control and is not responsible for the information collection practices of such websites, which may differ from those of Good Today. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy policies of these web Sites before providing any information to them.
- Text notifications By entering your phone number and selecting “Yes” next to the checkbox “Are You Interested in Receiving Messages from Us Via Text?”, you agree that we may send you text notifications. Our expectation is that you will receive periodic, recurring text messages, totaling no more than approximately one message per day. You can unsubscribe from further text messages by replying STOP. Although we charge no fee for text messages, your carrier may charge you for each message you receive in accordance with your mobile device plan. Good Today is not responsible in any way for such charges.
We maintain a variety of commercially-reasonable safeguards designed to protect your PI from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, we use industry accepted tools and techniques to protect against unauthorized access to our systems. You should be aware, however, that Good Today has no control over the security of other website on the Internet that you might visit even when a link may appear to those websites from our Site. If you share your computer or use a computer that is accessed by the general public, remember to sign off and close your browser window when you have finished your session. This will help to ensure that others cannot access your PI.
We want you to feel confident using the Site. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take commercially-reasonable steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your PI, searches or other communications always will remain secure. In the event of a breach of the confidentiality or security of your PI, we will notify you if reasonably possible and as reasonably necessary so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may notify you under such circumstances using the e-mail address(es) we have on record for you. You should also take care with how you handle and disclose your PI.
The Site is not intended for persons under the age of thirteen (13) (a “Child” or “Children”). Good Today does not knowingly market to, or solicit information, accept service or collect information from Children. If Good Today becomes aware that any person submitting information to the Site is a Child, we will attempt to delete the account and any related information as soon as possible. We do not permit Children to use the Site. By using the Site, you hereby represent that you are not a Child.
No Rights of Third Parties